WBON SCHOLARSHIP FUND
WBON of the Triangle has partnered with Wake Tech Community College
to give another Scholarship this year to an Entrepreneur Student!
Criteria/information for competitors –
- Contestants will be women with a small business or a woman who is wanting to start a small business.
- Students must be a Wake Tech Student with a minimum of 6 enrolled hours.
- Students will be women of any age.
- Pitches are around 5-6 minutes each and will be presented in person, either just speaking without props, speaking with props, or with a PowerPoint.
- We will have 2 Wake Tech staff and 3 WBON members to serve as judges.
- First place winner will earn a $1,000 scholarship towards their studies.
- First, second, and third place winners will get a free one-year membership to the WBON.
- Winners will be invited to a member lunch.
Presentation instructions for competitors –
You will prepare a 5-6-minute sales presentation. You will need to define at the beginning of your video who you are, the product or service you are speaking on, and define the audience for your presentation. This presentation will be filmed in Flipgrid and sent to the judges.
- You may use a presentation software program, such as PowerPoint, as an aid in delivering a business presentation.
- Or you may use notecards and speak directly to the camera.
- Visual aids and samples specifically related to the product or service presented may be used in the presentation.
- Comply with state and federal copyright laws.
- Facts and working data may be secured from any source if the source is cited.
Include in your speech:
- Are you doing this business now? Or do you plan on doing this business later?
- How would the scholarship funds help you to further your education?
- Which classes would you focus on?
- How could the WBON help you start or grow your business?
Sales Presentation Instructions:
Setup time: 4 minutes
Performance time: 6 minutes
Timer flashes times card: 5 minutes
Time up: 6 minutes
Penalty over time: No
Penalty under time (5 minutes): Yes, 1 point for any time under minimum.
- The individual/team may sell whichever product or service they choose. Business must have a business name.
- The individual/team can provide the necessary materials and merchandise for the demonstration along with the product.
- The demonstration must be the result of the individual’s own efforts.
- Facts and working data may be secured from any source. Cite your sources.
- Visual aids and samples related to the presentation may be used in the presentation: however, no items may be left with the judges or audience.
- When delivering the demonstration, the individual/team may use notes, note cards, and props. All materials must be removed at the end of the performance. No items may be left with the judges.
- Judges may ask questions after the presentation.
- Visual aids related to the project may be used during the presentation; however, no items may be left with the judges or audience.
- Marketing starts October 2021
- Pitch contest takes place in person at the Wake Tech Campus: February 10, 2022 at 10am to about 12pm
- Winners announced by email by Dr. Hawkins: February 11, 2022